Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tim Howard Taking Responsibility



If you have ever watched an Everton match, you know how fiery Tim Howard is. Any time an opposing team is even near the box and he makes a save (or even a shanked shot for that matter), Howard starts shouting like a madman to his teammates. If you haven't had the opportunity to see this scene, just picture Didier Drogba after he loses a match, or Wayne Rooney when his feet touch anything that resembles a pitch, or Bobby Knight after any referee's call against him, or Hal McRae after a stupid ass question, or Mike Gundy after he reads a newspaper, or Dennis Green after thinking someone was who he thought they were, or Jim Mora any day of his life. If you don't know at least one of these references and you call yourself a sports fan, then god have mercy on your soul. Here's the best montage I could find with a lot of these angry people clips - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF7aCF8WFbA
It always seems like Howard is berating his teammates for not trying hard enough or making too many mistakes. Even when Howard himself makes mistakes, it seems that he is shouting at the top of his lungs at someone else. I always thought he did this because he didn't take responsibility for goals against him.
Today I realized, he did this in order to provide leadership, and because he's just a plain crazy dude on the pitch.

"I feel disappointed for everyone," Howard said in reference to the Aston Villa match. "I feel from my standards I need to keep those balls out. I got tied up on the bounce and it's just taken a nick off our player. I'm disappointed but you have to hold your hands up."

He took responsibility for the own goal by Phil Jagielka! I've watched the goal a couple of times, and I know Howard couldn't have kept that ball out. It was just an unlucky deflection by Jagielka. But we now know that Howard doesnt hide behind anything for any ball that finds the net. The reason why he's barking orders at someone or other is because he is just plain crazy.

Either that or he really is an ass and just puts on a front to make it seem like he's nice in the media. I like to think he is crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment